Ingredients (For 1 Portion):
- Leaf Spinach – A Handful (or 4 Pieces of the Frozen One)
- Grated Cheese (Aromatic Cheese like “Mountain Cheese” from the Alps) – A Handful
- 1 Green Onion
- 1 Big Egg
- A Dash of Milk (Any Kind of Milk)
- Olive Oil
- Other Spices (e.g. Rosemary, Red Capsicum Powder, …)
- Chili Sauce
- Sour Cream – 1 Tablespoon
- 1 Tomato
If you use frozen leaf spinach you should put it out of the refridgerator a few hours before you plan to make this delicious dish. If I make it for breakfast I usually put it out before I go to bed. The frozen spinach will lose some water over night. Pour away the water, mix the spinach with the egg and whisk it. Then cut the green onion into small pieces. Add the half of it as well as the milk, the cheese and the spices to the egg/spinach mixture.
Heat some olive oil in a small pan and when it is hot enough put the tortilla compound inside. Fry it for about 3 minutes (until the egg curdles). Then cover the pan with a plate and bolt the tortilla on it. Put it back into the pan and fry it from the other side as well. After about 3 minutes it shoul be ready.
Before you serve it you can decorate it with chili sauce, green onion, tomato cubes and sour cream like I did (see the pic).